Therapy Horse Criteria
Do you have the right horse for Healing Reins?
We’re always on the lookout for the ideal therapy horse here at Healing Reins. We prefer horses who’ve had a career, such as dressage, 4-H, roping, ranching or extensive trail riding. Miles and experience add up to the quiet, assured horses our riders need. We combine our criteria with PATH International recommendations to create the best herd for therapeutic riding.
Please fill out the form if you have or know of a horse that would fit our criteria or contact Polly Cohen, email@example.com .
Program horses must be:
- Sound at all three gaits (walk, trot and canter)
- Easy to get along with and have excellent ground manners (can be clipped and stand in cross ties)
- Easy to catch
- Gets along well with other horses in a herd and class setting
- Free of vices, such as kicking, biting and cribbing
- Between the ages of 6 and 23