Do you have the right horse for Healing Reins?
We're always on the lookout for the ideal therapy horse here at Healing Reins. We prefer horses who've had a career, such as dressage, 4-H, roping, ranching or extensive trail riding. Miles and experience add up to the quiet, assured horse our riders need.
Equine Criteria (to fit into our program):
- Sound at all three gaits (walk, trot and canter)
- Easy to get along with and have excellent ground manners (can be clipped and stand in cross ties)
- Easy to catch
- Gets along well with other horses in a herd and class setting
- Free of vices, such as kicking and biting
- Between the ages of 6 and 21
* Right now we are not taking in any new program horses, but if you have a potential horse you'd like us to consider for the future, please contact herd coordinator and lead instructor Kathryn Massey at (541)382-9410 or kathryns(at)healingreins(dot)org.