A Little Help From My Friends
By Helen Brown
20.5 x 28
$950 ($570 of which will be a donation to Healing Reins)
*Note that the photo of Helen’s piece used here does not show the mat, frame or glass. Mat is white and frame is thin-line black.
About the artist:
Central Oregon watercolorist and designer, HELEN BROWN, earned a Master of Arts degree and spent 15 years teaching French in the US and Australia. She continues to explore the limits of her aqueous medium, using a batik method that results in luminous washes and harmonious color schemes in her paintings.
An outdoor enthusiast with an art-focused life, HELEN BROWN’s paintings have been juried into local and national shows. Highlights include:
- Shows in Seattle, Anacortes, and Orcas Island, Washington; Eugene, Roseburg, Salem and Bend, Oregon; Boise, Idaho; and Memphis, Tennessee.
- Thirty paintings exhibited in a solo show at the Oregon Historical Society in 2018 depicting “My Journey with Lewis and Clark.”
- Watercolors published in SPLASH 16, The Best of Watercolor, by Northlight Books in 2015 and in SPLASH 17, The Best of Watercolor in 2016.
- Work accepted into juried shows such as the Northwest Watercolor Society, Watercolor Society of Oregon, Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild, Memphis Watercolor Society, Gold Rush National Art Exhibit, and Emerald Arts Center.
- Member of the Tumalo Art Company in Bend’s Old Mill District, High Desert Art League and the Watercolor Society of Oregon. Qualified for signature membership to the Northwest Watercolor Society in 2008.